Vision | Mission | Core Functions | Meetings | Co-Chairs | Membership
The Global Digital Health Network envisions a world where technical innovation supports improved health and contributes to better quality, accessibility and sustainability of health services and health outcomes, particularly for underserved populations in low resource environments.
The Global Digital Health Network, formerly the mHealth Working Group created in 2009 by global health organizations for global health organizations, is a 2800+ person-strong networking forum for members from 104 countries to share information, engage with the broader community, and provide leadership in digital health for global public health. The Network provides leadership in digital health (mHealth, eHealth, and ICTs) and offers a collaborative gathering space for members to share perspectives, resources, and practical guidance related to implementation across a range of technical areas. Our members support global public health strategies, standards and practices through use of innovative technologies in limited resource settings. Our events and communications are a venue to share practical and flexible guidance with each other and the community.
- Convening: Host open meetings with presentations by/for members on selected digital health topics, providing a global forum to discuss accomplishments and lessons learned.
- Knowledge Management: Facilitate sharing of experiences, lessons learned and resources.
- Promising Practices: Identify, develop, promote and advise the best available approaches for the development, implementation, and evaluation of digital health projects and practices; create and share tools and resources that enable adoption of promising practices and their adaption to local circumstances.
- Collaboration: Identify and facilitate opportunities for joint activities and partnerships among members locally, regionally and globally, across sectors.
- Capacity Strengthening: Enhance skills and organizational capacities in digital health at all levels.
- Advocacy: Engage decision makers and stakeholders working in international health and development at all levels to mobilize planning and resources for digital health.
- Leadership: Leverage member strengths and support their ability to organize digital health efforts, including participation and leadership in member network activities.
The Global Digital Health Network holds regular meetings the third Friday of each month in Washington, DC to discuss promising approaches, challenges and lessons learned. Invited speakers also present on topics of interest to the group.
Join our moderated listserv for members to share announcements and discussions via the IBP Knowledge Gateway. Once you are a member, you can send a message to the group at: firstname.lastname@example.org.